Relationships can be put under stress by many things and life will often wave a flag at us to make us take note of what it is that we need to address.
To ignore these "flags" is to do so at the risk of damaging your relationship beyond repair.
Pretending that there is nothing wrong with your relationship when you and your partner are no longer getting along like you used to do, is nothing short of foolish.
As I have said before, a relationship needs to be nurtured and worked on by both partners. A relationship can not run by it's self.
Is life waving a "flag" at you, trying to show you that there are issues that you need to address and resolve with your partner? Here are some examples of "flags":
- Often fighting with each other
- Being secretive
- Not talking to each other
- Using the kids as emotional blackmail
- Interference from parents or in-laws
- Emotional,verbal or physical abuse at all levels
- Not being truthful with each other
The Out and About Therapist
Facilitator at Flourishing Relationships Retreats