Traditionally, most couples spend their time at Christmas between families, trying to keep everyone happy.
- When you first get up on Christmas morning, keep telling yourself that you are having a great day.
- Stop yourself from dwelling on what went wrong last year
- Remind yourself that everyone wants to have a good day
- Refuse to buy into any dramas that may be created
- Remember to take a deep breath and count to ten before reacting to a situation. Walk away if you need to.
- Treat others the way you would like them to treat you.
Relationships can be really tested at Christmas, but it does not have to be that way. It really is up to you what kind of Christmas you have. If you are cheerful and friendly then that is the most likely response you will get from others.
So have a very Happy Christmas and enjoy your day.
The Out and About Therapist
Facilitator at Flourishing Relationships Retreats